I have had an on-going issue with a new AC for the past 2 and a half months. It is ridiculous to the extent that I am having trouble putting it into words. Bullet points:

1) first AC unit has no installation kit in the box. Everyone at the store acts surprised and tells me to come pick it up- why is it there and not in the box, no one knows.

2) compressor is so loud it wakes us up in the middle of the night.

3) they replace the unit but not without a 2 weeks of runaround

4) they make me return the old unit and pick up and install the new one, rather than delivering it as a show of good service.

5) new unit has the same problem

6) they won't replace it, they make me take a day off of work to wait at home for a service guy (who's not available for another week to come out)

7) service guy takes one look at it and says it can't be fixed

8) after days and multiple phones calls (there is NEVER a manager working to speak with, which is probably why all the employees are useless buffoons) they finally agree to replace it

9) I call to work out the details and am told be Lee (the king of the *** monkeys who works in the Ardmore location) that he will call me back by 9:15 am on Monday.

10) Monday morning comes and goes, no call. I call them at 4:30 and Lee tells me "I'm about to speak to the service department and will call you back in a few minutes." - never calls

11) Tuesday passes, no call

12) Wednesday passes, no call

13) I call on Thursday and am told "Lee's not in today and there is no manager here."

This is the worst company ever. I have spent so much money buying appliances from them, never again. Their prices are cheap, but it's not worth the hassle and TERRIBLE customer service.

I wish they did a better job, because I would much rather support a local business than shop at Home Depot or Lowes, but Gerhard's is a disgrace and an embarrassment to good businesses and services everywhere.

Had an Experience with Gerhards Appliances?

Comments