Bought a Whirlpool dishwasher in fall of '06 (among other appliances during my home renovation) and the motor has gone bad 3 times in just over 3 years.Gerhards will not go to bat for us with Whirlpool, instead telling us to contact them ourselves.

So I called Whirlpool and after a lengthy discussion they gave me $50 off the $160 part.

It arrived today so I called the store to have it installed and the first time they can do it is 5 days from now.Needless to say, I am not happy and will think long and hard about dealing with Gerhard's or Whirlpool again.

Had an Experience with Gerhards Appliances?

Comments

I have shopped at Gerhard's for many years and have always found them to be proffesional, knowledgeable and quite accomodating.

ORDERED A SET OF APPLIANCES FOR MY NEW KITCHEN ONLY TO FIND WHEN MY 1ST DELIVERY CAME THAT THE REFRIDGERATOR WAS ON BACKORDER.I WAS NEVER INFORMED.

THEN TO WAIT 3 WEEKS AND WHEN IT FINALLY CAME I WAS TOLD I COULD HAVE A DAMAGED ALLOWANCE. AT THIS POINT MY BLOOD WAS BOILING AND I SIMPLY STATED I DIDNT WANT A DAMAGED REFRIDGE IN MY NEW KITCHEN THE NASTY REP OFFERED ME DELIVERY OF A NEW ONE THE FOLLOWING DAY.

i ALSO HAVE SPOKE WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE DURING THE PROCESS AN EACH OF THEM BECOMING MORE NASTY AND LYING TO COVER THEIR TRACKS.sTEER CLEAR OF THE CROOKS.

Worst store I have ever visited ..

I have never wrote a review online, but because of the customer service I have received, or I should say lack of, I am now. Rudest employee I have ever came across on 3/15/2011, an older man with glasses, absolutley horrible. I am actually going back in the store to take a picture of him and post online.

They have already lost 7 customers because of the reviews I have posted on facebook.Discusted with them.

#202480

We purchased a matched pair washer and dryer when our previous washer died.Gerhards came to our house on 10/13/2010 to install them.

They removed our old washer and dryer (our old dryer still worked fine, we just wanted a matched pair) and installed the new ones. They turned them on and then left. Turns out our dryer wasn't getting any heat. Called the next day, Gerhard's technician said that our power cord and power outlet for the dryer was broken.

Both were fine BEFORE they installed the new dryer. We had to pay an electrician to replace our outlet and power cord. He then reinstalled the dryer and it finally worked. I've been calling Gerhard's because I feel they should pay the $288 electrician bill as they caused the damage.

I keep getting passed around on the phone, always ending up in Rich Gerhard's voicemail. He has not called back. We called the credit card company and put a hold on the payment until this is resolved.

However, Gerhard's has yet to call us back and everytime we call them Rich Gerhard is always "out" or "not at his desk".We will follow up with the Better Business Bureau as well as post our experience here, Angie's List, and every possible internet forum available.

#193599

The worst experience in a retail store ever!I purchased a floor model grill that was to be delivered, already assembled on a Saturday for a house warming party on Sunday.

Grill was never delivered and no one could explain the mix up. They delivered the following Monday and i noticed that the floor model was missing several screws and bolts to the point that the grill was barely staying together. I of course called them and they "might" be able to come the next day with screws to fix. I figured what the ***, let's see if the thing even works and of course it didn't.

Spoke with Rich Gerhard after several attempts to get the issue resolved with other staff. He tells me he will call me back "in a few" to let me know the next step and never bothered to call me back. This place lacks the basics when it comes to customer service and would never recommend them to anyone looking to purchase any appliance.

Funny thing is that this non assembled floor model grill was sitting in the North East showroom with no one bothering to put the *** thing together.Who does that?

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #193000

Glad that I read this.I was just telling my son to go to Gerhard's in Glenside look at the 5 appliances he needs to buy for his new house.

Not anymore.

Ba attitude, backorder surprises, repairs....don't nned that headache.Thank you.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #178293

Poor follow up service after purchase of a TV.. Delivery men hooked it up wrong and when I called and visied the store, they could not figure out what wa wrong and insinuated I didn't know what kind of set I had, that the delivery men NEVER hooked up things wrong. One staff member even hung up on me.

I ordered a dishwasher on a Saturday that I scheduled to pick up myself at the Glenside store on Monday.I was assured it would be there.

I called on Monday evening and the dishwasher was amazingly on back order and they wouldn't have it for over a week. How could they sell me a dishwasher that was on back order. I could have bought a different model or went somwehere else. When I spoke with Charles Gerhard he did not care and told me oh well you'll have to get it next week.

I have been a loyal customer since 1998.Not anymore.

Horrible experience with indifferent, or even argumentative sales people in Ardmore.Messed up order multiple times.

Didn't tell me fridge was back ordered when i bought it. Only found out when other appliances were delivered. On next delivery dishwasher had big dent in it. They then had the nerve to ask me to sit around waiting on my third 3-4 hour delivery window.

No thanks.Avoid these clowns.