Update by user Apr 06, 2013

I posted this email almost 2 months ago an my problems are still not resolved. I had to contact the Better Business Bureau because its been almost 5 months since I made my first request for repairs.

Original review posted by user Feb 15, 2013

I purchased a microwave, dishwasher, and stove from Gerhards on Roosevelt Blvd in March 2012.Almost immediately after I purchased the items I started to have problems.

The dishwasher was not sent with the proper parts which subsequently led to the flooding of the floor in my newly remodeled kitchen. I had to call the manufacturers warranty and the sent a person out to fix my dishwasher. The handled on the stove has repeatedly feel off. The repair person told me that because the was plastic I would continue to have that problem.

So he ordered me another handle. The biggest problem and most annoying problem has been the microwave. The handle on the inside of microwave is broke and rendered it impossible to use. I reported to Gerhard that my microwave was broke in November.

Since then they have sent 4 repair people out to my home. Each time the person either didn't have the proper parts or didn't have any parts to fix it. It is now February. My family has been without a microwave more than 3 months.

I have 2 children under 5 years old. A microwave is a necessity when preparing meals. I have call Gerhard's service times, written 3 letters, and even went back to the store to voice my displeasure. Each time I was brushed off and told the the service manager would get back to me.

My most recent incident occurred on 2/9/13, the repair person calls me and tells me that the parts I needed weren't ordered. But according to the service desk they called me on 1/31/13 to inform me my parts were in. I immediately went up to Gerhard's on 2/9/13 to speak to someone and that's when I got another brush off about the service manager wasn't in. So I called back on Monday 2/11/13 and since then I still have not received a response.

I would never recommend Gerhard's to anyone because not only do they sell cheap and defective merchandise, they don't respect their customers enough to provide services within a timely manner. Presently I am borrowing a microwave from my mother.

I shouldn't have to go out and purchase a new microwave when the one I have is not a year old yet.I don't have money to throw out the window like that.....

Review about: Gerhards Appliances Repair.

Had an Experience with Gerhards Appliances?

Comments